Saturday, April 24, 2010

Running from A-Z

So I have a dandy idea for a new running goal!

Well, to be fair...this really isn't MY idea, I borrowed it from one of the women, Jan,  in my Thursday night speedwork group. 

Here it is:
I am going to complete a marathon that starts with every letter of the alphabet. 

Yep, you heard right...I'm going to run a marathon that starts with EVERY letter of the alphabet.  So that would be 26 marathons.  Not necessarily in alphabetical order.  EXCITING!  What a fabulous idea, Jan!  I can't wait to get started!   I should also mention that I am SUPER impressed with how far Jan is into this most excellent of running adventures and wish her all the luck in the world in Duluth in June!

To be fair, I am going to count the ones I've already done...although since I've completed 4 Calgary's and a Boston it really only takes care of 2 letters.  And Chicago in October won't help me along since I have taken care of "C" 4 times in Calgary already.  Hmmm.  I think I'm going to have to start going to do more than 1 a year if I have any hope of completing this before I'm old and grey.  But that's OK since I now train SMARTER!  More on that later...

Boston was on Monday.  I wish I had been there running it.  Once you've run Boston, a little part of your heart will always wish you were chuggin' away up and over those Newton hills!  Check out the video of the women's and men's finish.  Monumental, both of them, the women's because it yet again came down to seconds (after an almost 2+ minutes lead) and the men's because it was a record breaking run!  Watch the video all the way to the end to see the men's finish.

1 comment:

Christine said...

What an amazing goal! I know you can accomplish this! Maybe you could substitute the 'X' for a "C" - that one might be trickey! I think this would be a great goal though! You are such an inspiration - I find I need this as I get closer to a race... what did Paul Simon say "The nearer your destination the more you slipsliding away.."