Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How Do I Love Thee?

Dear Running-

I love you. It’s really that simple. You just make my life better. You make my life easier. You make my life less complicated and more pleasant to exist in. So I just love you. I really can’t explain it any better than that.

I know we have faced some hard times, like all the times we had breaks from each other. Sometimes I felt like you deserted me. I would see you in the park, on the pathways, sidewalks and tracks with other people and I admit it, I felt jealous. I know that you would never, ever leave me or cheat on me, but it was hard to see you with other people. When we decided it was time to get back together, I loved that we could pick up right where we left off. I mean, I know we had to work at it, to get to the level we were at before the break, but it was worth it and our relationship was just better in the long run…hee- get it? Long run?

I want you to know that I have NEVER held it against you when I’ve been injured, sore or tired. I know that every relationship has its ups and downs, and those are just a part of the trials and tribulations that we face in our life together. I have done my best to give you what you need- good fuel, full nights of sleep, massages and physio, and I know that you have appreciated those things whole heartedly. I do apologize if, on occasion, I seem to be a bit selfish after a long night of self indulgence if I abandon you or if it seems as if I am forcing you out onto the path when you really don’t want to go. I know those days are tough, but I appreciated your perseverance to stick with me. I sure do owe you a lot!

I guess, Running, I just wanted to say thanks for all you do for me…I really do appreciated the mental and physical health that you bring me and want you to know that I promise to keep you in my life forever. You really are the best. I truly do love you more than you will ever know.

xoxo- ME



No comments: