Thursday, February 11, 2010

Second Rice Defeat

It's true.  My sister was recently tricked by Vince and the Motley Crue into thinking her liver was half its age. The result?   Copious liquor consumption (sadly though, no Durangos) followed by defeat via snowbank wipeout and a hangover.  I, on the other hand, have been defeated by bronchitis.

My doctor has banned me from running. B-A-N-N-E-D.  In his more than most serious manner (and this is one stoic dude) he informed me that running, in no uncertain terms was the worst idea possible.  Then he loaded me up with steriods and antibiotics.  Truthfully, I have followed doctor's orders given the fact that I am simply too sick and therefore don't even feel like running (CRAZY) because my bod is screaming at me to rest and heal.  However, I am starting to feel the itch...the weather is getting better...and I want to be out there!  Again, I have to remind myself that this rest is very, very good for me and is the best present I can give myself.  Maybe Sunday might be the day to get back out there...we'll see...
And back to my previous thoughts...really Durangos?  Flavoured beer?  Yuck.  But maybe a tasty treat when we were 16.  Way back in the day when these dudes were way more cool...and less puffy...

Rock on.

Peace out.


No comments: