Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Taking a Bite!

Of the Big Apple, of course!

It's finally here.  After waiting, waiting, WAITING...waiting to see if my time was fast enough to gain entry, waiting to book the flight and hotel, waiting to see if it was a solo trip or a family one, waiting for training to start...and then waiting for training to end, waiting for the day I leave for what will surely be one of the best experiences of my life...

It's here!  I'm leaving on a jet plane TOMORROW for NYC to run the marathon on sunny (hear that weather Gods- yes, please) Sunday morning.  The bag is (sort of) packed, shoes and gels CHECK, and let's not forget the ear plugs.  Henry, I love you, but you are one LOUD little sleeper!  I have done my last big stretch at yoga, eaten a fabulous dinner and am settling in for hopefully one last great night's sleep before I hit the road.

NYC, ready or not, here I come.  Is the city ready for me?  Am I ready for the race?

Which leads me to this question...is the journey ending or is the journey really just beginning?

Perhaps I'll ponder that one whilst pounding  the 26.2 on the mean streets of NYC.  Which really aren't that mean, or so I hope.  Post races deets to follow complete with fabulous pics taken by one ARice junior I am sure.  This is it, PEEPS!  I'm off...and RUNNING!





 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna - as always, I am proud to be your friend. You have already accomplished so much, I can't believe you will have yet another feat to feel pride for. Cool runnings to you my bestie. xxooxx Creedilish

Anonymous said...

AR - all the best, you can do it!! Be prepared for some hills (rollers) over the last few miles through CP as you approach the finish. Now I have to figure out how to use "athlete tracker" for bib "6363".

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow New York City Marathon finisher! Where did you disappear to on Sunday? I went out a bit too fast and died 1,000 deaths from 13.1 until the finish, and kept looking over my shoulder waiting for you to zoom past.

Derek Larson
derek.larson@live.com