Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Revolution.

That’s it. My running purist days are over. Yep, that’s right. O-V-E-R.

I’m going to start training with a gadget. And that gadget is a Garmin!

Garmin- a lovely little wrist-watch type GPS that keeps track of:



Distance
Pace
Calories
Heart Rate
Where in the world you are running
Where you are in relation to your goal pace (note: I plan on ALWAYS being ahead- hee)
Lap times

And I’m sure a zillion more things that I haven’t even figured out yet.

I must give credit where credit is due…the Garmin was purchased for me by my biggest and tallest fan for my birthday upon returning from his never ending trip to the Sahara Desert. What a lovely and thoughtful gift for a running crazed lunatic like me! Anyhow, I went for my first official run with my Garmin on Sunday. Those of you who know me well will know that I have a wee bit of a competitive side, and Garmin sure does nurture that competitive side! I was in a MAJOR race with Garmin. MAJOR. It really, really did push me to run much faster than I normally would…so I do believe this is going to be revolutionary for me. That’s right- all sorts of good can only come of this as I will train harder, faster and smarter, all thanks to that little gem on my wrist…and to the tall guy who purchased it!

Second: There is going to be a revolution. A running one. Let’s just call it a Running Revolution. Deets to follow. Stay tuned…

P.S.- AC is running the Santa Barbara marathon in just a short 19 days! Wow. Nice work, lady! The Winterstart crew is certain that you are going to rock it out. Rock.It.Out. Especially since you aren’t even the slightest bit concerned about a bathroom pit stop. Hee. PLEASE everyone- positive thoughts and energy her way through the last little bit of training and for the race!

No comments: