Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finally

Yes! It's finally here. WINTERSTART! Love Winterstart! LIVE for Winterstart! So excited for a weekend of fun and shenanigans with my peeps in Banff!

A small list of the things I have been looking forward to re: Winterstart...


1. Ains and Pyb making the annual trek for the event
2. Visiting with the larger group of "those girls" of which I am a card holding member and proud of it!
3. Wine, beer and hopefully NO shooters!
4. Flippy cup. Really, I left this for number 4?
5. Staying out of trouble (?) and hopefully out of jail. Eep! Good thing we have lawyers in the group (at least 4 or so I'm told...)

And lest I forget, the "intended" purpose of the yearly fun that is Winterstart...the run up (2.5 miles UP the mountain, and then 2.5 down) Tunnel Mountain on Saturday night. What could be better than a quick 5 mile night run complete with snowflakes and glow sticks. FUN!

One more thing...I also need to mention that my biggest and tallest fan is here! Yay! After a LONG almost 3 month wait, he is finally here. And although he won't be in Banff for the race, I am looking damn forward to the care he will provide me on Sunday post run, which will certainly be more for my post Winterstart hangover.


No comments: