Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bionic Runner

This is me being in a running study:

















Totally crazy like a bionic runner, yes?!

Anyhow, the study involved running back and forth several times while the electrodes measured the vibration in my muscles thus testing the new technology of a new brand of shoe.  I should also mention that this description is likely inaccurate as I am not a scientist, but this was how I understood things in my own (strange yet wonderful) mind.  I then had to answer a series of surveys and complete the same running back and forth and surveys in my own shoes.  Next, I get to keep the shoes (and they are pretty sweet if I do say so myself) and must run in them 2-3 times per week for the next six weeks.

These are the shoes:





I like the mint green, I like the reddish orange, I like the springy feel.  Overall, it's a like.  But its not a love.  My heart still belongs to Asics.  Even though I'm cheating on Asics.  At least for two runs per week.

And on another even more crazy note, recall my obession with running shoes and my thoughts to add a few more pairs?  Well, running friends, first world consumerism got the better of me and I caved.  Check it:


New trail shoes, new study shoes, new 2170 training shoes.  I suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of pride that I did NOT purchase the ultra cool blue and yellow Adizeros that I had on my feet in Florida.  I feel double glad that my sister purchased the coolest pair of bright orange Asics that I can borrow all summer long.

And speaking of summer, its right around the corner.  I'm feelin' it.  Shorts, tshirts, post running jumps off the dock.  Right up there with shoe love just has to be summer love!

Now I must stretch.




No comments: