Monday, November 8, 2010

Guess WHAT?

This is a photo of the start of the NYC marathon.

And...

My plan is to be there...

NEXT YEAR!  YES! YES! YES!  Exciting!  SO exciting!

I discovered in my interweb travels today that the NYC has a guaranteed entry if you have run under a certain time.  For me that certain time was a 3:23.  My 3:09 in Chicago just became that much sweeter, as next year I plan to be in that pack, pounding the pavement on the means streets of New York.  The only question now is how am I going to manage to contain myself for a full calendar year.  Curious.  Tips anyone?  Do share...

But that's not the ending of the running excitement and news...

This past weekend was Winterstart.  Yes, THE Winterstart, which, in previous years, has resulted in everything from an altercation with a VERY irrate hotel employee over the Inn Keeper's Act to intense Flippy Cup competitions hard fought at the Rose and Crown.  I'm pleased to report that this year we managed to avoid any legal disasters and cup casualties.  The 5 miler up Tunnel Mountain was conquered by all and we managed to keep our behaviour in check.  One item of consequence I would like to highlight is the fact that ARJR, Bergie-Lynn, Ellis and I finished the race in a solid tie- around the 47 minute mark.  There really is nothing quite like holding hands and crossing that line together.  Nice work, ladies!  And for that matter, nice work to ALL the ladies that made the trek to Banff for this event- a job well done!

And last, but definitely not least, I'm running again.  YES!  So happy to be back at it.  It just feels awesome to get out there and work it out people.  I think I've decided that my next 26.2 is going to be Vancouver in May.  Having said that I'm open to suggestions...any other ideas for a spring marathon?  I'd love your input...yes, YOU!

And one more small thing...I'm training the Tech Shop half marathoners again.  The target race is the Calgary police half at the end of April and I'm really excited to be working with Nolan and his crew again.  If you are considering this kind of training, I highly suggest checking out their website (The Tech Shop) or stopping into the store to sign up.  If the half distance seems a bit daunting at this point, there will also be a learn to run clinic, which usually has a shorter distance for the target race.  Go for it, people!  I promise you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Holy goals batman! Nice work! I am so proud of you buddie! I am on the road to running recovery as I have an appointment at the Knee Clinic on Monday. They are telling me not to cough up a grand for an MRI - anyone with knee issues in the last month. I highly recommend this clinic.. They will put me back in my Asic's running behind you Andrea! I need a 10 km run next Fall - any thoughts?

Andrea said...

10k next fall...hmmm...we'll find one buddy! Don't worry! There's always the Harvest Half! Plus you are going to be FIT with the crazy rehab regime I'm going to put you on!