Friday, October 29, 2010

It's a Great Day to be ALIVE!

Love that song!  Don't you?  There's just something about good old Travis Tritt wailing away about rice cookin' in the microwave that makes a gal smile.




But the very meat of this post will not be about Travis Tritt...or running (shocking, I KNOW)- so let's get right to it.  I am going to be doing some personal training...or shall I say MORE personal training.  EXCITING!  And even more exciting is that I will be doing it out of a gym.  And while I enjoyed my time training the peeps in the great out of doors, the frosty -4 this morning reminded me that it's time to move it indoors- and move it indoors we will.

The fitness studio is called ALIVE.  Great name for a place that focuses on committing and re-committing and re-re-committing (if you're like me) to health and fitness- yes?  The ALIVE studio is fabulous.  They have a well thought out space, a fabulous variety equipment ,and, most importantly, every single person I have encountered there from the trainers, to the front desk staff to the owners are positive, welcoming and generally just awesome to be around.  I have really appreciated the warm welcome I have received from them and am super pumped to be spending a lot of time there.  The atmosphere at ALIVE is much, MUCH different from that of other gyms around which can feel large, impersonal and intimidating  So.  Let's work out people...WORK.IT.OUT...at ALIVE!

ALIVE emphasizes the benefits of personal training, so in that respect its much, much more than just a gym.  A personal trainer is one of the smartest investments you can make for your health and well-being.  They are experts in their field and can help you reach your fitness goals more effectively no matter what your goal may be: weight loss, sport specific training, general fitness, injury recovery, injury prevention.  You wouldn't do your own dental work- right?  You don't diagnose your own medical problems- true?  A trainer is an excellent investment in your overall health and well being...physical, mental AND emotional!  If you have not had the experience of working with a trainer in the past, I highly recommend you give it a shot- I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

And so as to not ramble on and on as only I can do, I do encourage you to check out the ALIVE website (just click on the word ALIVE).  Memberships are VERY reasonable...and if you are interested in personal training, just let me know.  You don't have to purchase a memebership to train with me at Alive, but it really is a fabulous place to work out for those of you looking for an option different than a large, impersonal gym!

P.S. I dressed up for Hallowe'en at school today, as a runner.  LOVE being a runner!  Usually I dress up as a teacher...

P.P.S. Winterstart T-8 days!  Fun!  And I have almost kept my promise of not running post Chicago until Winterstart.  I did a warm up a the gym on treadmill (does this even REALLY count?) and was out for a run on Wednesday.  I just had to!  Obsessed...sigh...I know...

No comments: