Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Curve Ball

Oh Life, just when I thought I had you figured out, you throw me a curve ball!

Strange isn't it, how we get comfortable in our little lives...and then suddenly everything can change.  And In a New York Minute too, just like my buddies Glenn Frey and Don Henley have reminded us in the past...



Don't you just love this song?  I do.  It had worked its way out of my rotation for a bit and now I'm glad to report that its right back in there.  Like swim wear, if you will.

Back to the curve ball.  It's as if something in the universe forces us along in our evolution as people, yes?  I mean, the status quo is a pretty comfy place to be, but sometimes in the status quo we forget that we always need to keep workin' away because we can always be better.  More evolved.  More calm.  I think sometimes we forget that when we are comfy in the status quo...and then the universe reminds us...even if its just with a wee shift and we get back to the business of keepin' on keepin' on.  After all, it really is about the journey and not the destination.

So the curve ball or the universal shift has happend for me lately.  And what do I do? I do the one thing that I know will make me feel better, take the curve out of the ball and re-establish the calm and positive energy in my life...I go running.  At least for that 1 hour or 2 my mind will be at peace and I might even consider my self sane.  Because in all honesty, do any of us really know where this crazy life will take us?  Not at all.  So the best thing to do (before, during and after the curve ball or the NY minute) is to enjoy the moment you're in and the people you're sharing it with.  We can sure try to plan for the future but we just never know where the journey will take us.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi buddie
Very inspirational, calm and positive! You have a great attitude and you're not in bad shape either... I have to completely agree with you about running. Last week I hit a wall.. it seemed like everything in my life was out of control. My stair runs (or quick walks) and my intervals seem to have brought back my focus.. just keep going... Thanks for the message....