Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Support

Please note that I now have 2 followers. 2 WHOLE FOLLOWERS! It's official. I've made it! Maybe I should make it a goal to double the amount of followers by this time next week. That would mean I would have 4 followers for those of you who don't have a calculator close at hand. Can this really count as a goal? Let's see...it is Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. That SMART goal (yes, smart, not DUMB, chaney) is for those of you working extra hard this week to polish off the last of those IPP's. Go Get 'Em!

I was thinking earlier this week about just how wonderful it was to have a contingent of people waiting for me at the finish line at the Calgary marathon. I wanted each and every one of those people to know just how much I appreciated their attendance! It really, really means a lot that you came to see the finish or stayed after your own race when all you really wanted to do was eat a massive breakfast and get off your feet. It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it!

One smiling face that I really missed at the end of this one was my dear sis. She has been one of my most faithful supporters and I always appreciate so much when she is able to see me finish a run...or at least has the intention of seeing me finish and arrives just in time to see me finish in the porta john! I am really excited to be at the line for her on Sunday in Winnipeg- I just know she is going to be amazing!

It was amazing for me as well that that certain someone was able to see me finish the marathon this year as his return trip to the Sahara was pushed back and he was able to make it to the race. Not only did the man come on the day of the race, he had to put up with me the whole week before the run which, if you know me well, is no small feat. If you recall, to run a great race requires full on rest the week before which translates into no running at all. My mood is not always the best in this week as my body is CRAVING those lovely running induced endorphins. And by not always the best I really mean unpredictable and crazy. I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for not just surviving the craziness, but for truly being there for me even when I wasn't at my best. And for being my massage therapist, personal chef, biggest (and tallest- hee) fan, and voice of reason...like when I really wanted to go running and you talked me out of it! How much this means to me words cannot express!

T-5 to the Manitoba Marathon people. T-5. Please. Positive thoughts and energy everyone!

And before I forget, I came across this article on the Runner's World website. Its short but sweet and definitley woth 5 minutes of your valuable time for a read!
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-380-381--13143-0,00.html?cm_mmc=beginners-_-2009_06_17-_-beginners-_-TRAINING%3a%20Get%20Stronger,%20Go%20Longer

No comments: