Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love your Run

2 small things of note this lovely and snowy Sunday evening (notice how my posts have most recently always been about two things)...

One. I downloaded and listened to a good portion of the the Darra Torres book Age is Just a Number on my long run on Friday. Wow. The women won Olympic medals in swimming in Beijing at the ripe old age of 41. Wow. More than this the book is about not letting your age stand in the way of your dreams. I cried three times on my run while listening to this. It is an amazing story about a simply amazing woman. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone even if swimming isn't really your thing.

Two. On my medium long run this morning, I came across a lovely little sidewalk chalked message which read "Heart your run". And I decided to do just that. And it was amazing. I was outside, it was kind of sunny (OK- truth- it wasn't snowing...yet) and I just loved my run. I think we all need to do this a little more often. Forget the time and the pace and the event looming in the not so far away distance and love the fact that you are out there period.

Love.Your.Run.

No comments: