Monday, April 20, 2009

Love It

2 posts in 2 days...unheard of, I KNOW. But two things happened today that I really, really needed to get out there in the universe.

First, a great big congratulations to Michael and Jamie Allison for running the Boston marathon today. I met Michael and Jamie in Boston last year when Michael was running and Jamie was his support crew. Well, this year I am happy to report that they BOTH ran and finished. Nice work you two! I'm not going to lie, a little part of me today wished I was in Boston tackling those hills. Next year, my friends, and perhaps there will be two Rices in Boston! LOVE IT!

Second, there is a little running store in the Marda Loop called Strides. Its a great little store situated across from OJ's in the purple house. ANYHOW, I love the sign they have outside of their store which states..."FIT IS THE NEW SKINNY". Put THAT in your pipes, people! LOVE THAT SAYING! I really thought about it as I was tackling hills and stairs today, and I think the world would be a healthier, happier place if we could all just embrace this one little saying. I know I'm going to and I hope you all do too, especially since you should all be feeling fit and fabulous with all of this great training you're doing! LOVE IT!

And now I must clean my house. LOVE IT!

No comments: