Friday, December 14, 2012

Guess What

Guess what I JUST did?   Moments ago. 

I bought myself a special present.  I signed up for the Saskatchewan marathon.  Eeeeeeeeek!  Registration opened yesterday.  I am the 4th person to sign up.  THE 4th!  Come on, Sask-y!  Let's get feet into shoes, shoes onto pavement I mean ice and GET RUNNING!

Saskatoon, May 27th, here I come! 

This is like a Christmas present, a moving present and a present for no special reason present all wrapped up into one big present with sparkly paper and a shiny bow that I am giving to MYSELF.  It's been a tough week.  A busy week.  And I find myself struggling to get it all in.  I can't think of a better way to bring some focus and clarity to it all than to set a goal that will support my life with some structure.

I know the next few months will bring stress, joy, laughter, tears, wonder, amazement, question and everything in between.  I can't think of a better way than to BE in each and every moment of all of these feelings than to run.  To run and to breathe and to savour it all and to realize that it might be hard, but that doesn't mean its bad.  It just means it just is.  Running and training will be a time for me to take it all in, meditate on it and appreciate the moment. 

After all...























So?  Do tell, peeps!  Whose got races coming?  I want to know!

1 comment:

Allison @ Train Eat Repeat said...

i see you! i was the second person to register! I was all over it as soon as it opened. I can't wait to run it, and it will be exciting to meet you and Erin from running-tall too!