Saturday, October 1, 2011

6363

Check it.


I like it.  Not an even number but even numbers in it...and the double 63 bodes well.  At least I sure hope so!

NYC marathon is in 1 short month.  I have a lot, a lot, a lot of training to take care of in this shortest of time periods!  This, I am looking forward to!  I just need the old bod to hold up for an intense month and then I will be out there pounding the pavement on marathon Sunday with 45 000 other crazies in the Big Apple.

This week I had the pleasure of a tempo run with PDiddy.  No, not THAT PDiddy.  The one that lives right here in Calgary and is a super fast runner.  I met him on the track doing intervals one fine day last winter and we got to chatting.  Finally our (running) paths converged and we got to do a super quick session on Tuesday evening.  And by super quick, I don't mean the run was short; I mean rather that it was FAST and HARD.  Being the competitive gal that I am, I am never one to back down from a challenge, despite feeling a wee bit nervous about my ability to keep pace during this workout.  The result was that this was one of the greatest training runs I've had in a long while.  We repeated 1.3k 6 times and maintained a pace that was GREAT for me (a bit better than 3:05 marathon pace) and on the top end of slow for PDiddy.  I would just like to give a big shout out to PD for taking me running, for the encouragement, for reminding me that I CAN and WILL run fast when I set my mind to it AND for sacrificing one of his own speedy sessions to slow it down and help me out. He even emailed me my lap times.  All of this I truly, truly appreciate!

Big. Long. Run. Tomorrow morning.  And now I must rest. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes AR, running with a young, attractive uber-fit girl was a huge sacrifice. "6363" - nice low bib number for such a big marathon; now we will be able to track your race online!

P.

robb said...

Hope NYC is awesome for you Andrea! Enjoy the neighbourhoods and make sure you buy the 5-finger gloves at the Expo with the name of every borough you run through on the fingers. And be sure you start on the top deck of the V-N Bridge, regardless of what colour code you've been assigned. Best finish in the world has to be seeing yourself on the Jumbotron as you round the final corner in Central Park!