Sunday, January 9, 2011

Be An Adventure

New Year!  New YOU!  Yes, YOU!

To be fair and honest, maybe not a NEW you, maybe just a slightly improved version...

Oh January, that crazy time when people make and break resolutions, vow to live differently, act differently and be differently, and all the while remaining true to who they are at the very core.  I personally like to see my own self as a bit of a work in progress, kind of like a painting that's never, ever totally finished.  Sometimes I decide to add some colour...GREEN in fact...I particularily like green...but sometimes it's orange or blue too (and sometimes black- we're all allowed one of those days every once in a while, yes?), depending on the day, week, month and what in general is going down in the old life. 

Since the first of Jan is one popular time for setting a new direction or a new goal, tell me, what is it YOU plan to do with this one wild and crazy life?  Me first?  OK...

This year I am going to BE an adventure.  I will only see things through the glass that still has beer or wine or water halfway full and I will take a deep, deep breath in the moment and let it all out slowly before I react with a positive or a negative emotion...and I will try really, really hard to make it a positive one!  I am going to surround myself with things that make ME truly happy.  Not the things that I think other people think will make me happy, but the things that make ME smile, laugh and feel good.  I'm the only one that has to walk in these boots, so I'm going to get some good mileage out of them and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  I will endeavour to make every interaction I have with people a positive and happy one...I'd like to add a little joy to the world each and every day.  I'm also going to be much more like my dad- he really does appreciate the simple things in life- a beer on the dock after a day's work at the cottage, a cross country ski with the fam, a bonfire buring just a little too closely to Barry the Boat...after all, it really is about cherishing and celebrating the peeps near and dear to us who make every single day worth it!

And since this is a running blog (in case you thought I forgot, I sure didn't!) I'm going to throw down a very lofty running goal...

2:59:59.  Sub 3:00.  Super close to the Rice family record.  4 short months to Vancouver.  Time to work off those buttertarts and hit the pavement!

It's January people!  Be an adventure!

2 comments:

Christine said...

2:59???? Wow - that's amazing! I know you can do it! I like your idea of be an adventure! You are off to a good start - so long dreary 2010 and hello new adventures in 2011! Get some miles under your feet this year Andrea - lots of miles...

Wendy Woo said...

I also love the idea of BE an adventure! With one knee replacement done, a part of me IS new! Time to bring the rest closer...