Thursday, June 9, 2011

Can a Sea Lion Run?

I asked my younger pregnant sister to email me a picture of her being pregnant.

And this is what she sent me:



And while I did have a very, very long laugh out loud in my office, I just want her to know this:

SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SEA LION. 

In fact, she is the cutest little pregnant lady around AND she is a total rockstar.

Why?

Because when she came to visit me, despite being pregnant, despite feeling like a sea lion, despite feeling like her body is not her own, she STILL went running with me.  Amazing.  7 months pregnant and running.  Barry, you are one lucky little dude to be getting my sister for a mom.

In her honour, I just wanted to give a shout out all the expectant moms and moms in the world who, despite feeling like sea lions and feeling a level of exhaustion that I can only imagine, still manage to commit to their own physical, mental and spiritual health by heading out for a quick run or some other kind of exercise. Each and every one of you is wonderful and I am truly humbled by your efforts.

And although I have no scientific information to prove this, I'm pretty sure a sea lion can't run. The short legs and long body are a curse for sure, but NO legs and long body??? Impossible...

2 comments:

ains-tastic said...

I'm pretty sure that's a sea lion (I don't think you should be the one to teach Barry about sea creatures...)!

Andrea said...

Whatever it is, he's cute! Maybe I'll have to purchase Barry a book about sea creatures...