Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Back...Sort Of

Ah. Back in Calgary, where the running paths are plentiful and the sun is shining! Yes, I am super excited to be back in Calgary and back to the comforting routine of work and running. I know I've been an absent blogger in the past couple of months, but Louisiana time and lake time sapped my desire to blog...and truth be told I wasn't around a computer all that much!

Note that in my post Calgary marathon bliss I signed up for the Harvest Half marathon which will be taking place on the 3rd of October. Note that I partially did this to inspire myself to continue with some running over the summer. Note that this DID NOT happen. Oops.

Life just seemed to get in the way of running this summer. A trip to Louisiana, some fabulous time spent at camp with my man and in between a couple bouts of flus and various other ailments, I just didn't get out there to do the job that I normally do. And that makes me a wee bit nervous. Don't get me wrong, I am relatively certain that I can complete the half distance no problem, but I had visions of a very speedy half in my post marathon bliss! This is why I am super excited to be back into the swing of things...it has less to do with being back in Calgary (I'd rather be at the lake, please and thank-you) and has more to do with the fact that I have thrown myself right back into recommitting to health and fitness!

To all of you going through the same sorts of re-dedications, try to remember that it really is about enjoying yourself out there. And while the sun has decided to shine (at least in Calgary for a few days), we may as well be out there doing something active.

I'm going to try and remember that when I'm out running today. My body hurts.

No comments: